french guitarist and improviser guillaume heurtebize (nice, fr) began playing guitar as a kid. as a student he performed with the jmsu school band in france, italy, germany, martinique, and studied music with pierre palvair, frank de luca, freddy roux, jef jacomino, manu jimenez. he then moved to the netherlands, where he earned a bachelor degree, at the conservatorium van amsterdam.
in the last years, he has worked on own compositions for:
- tatune with italian/german drummer luca marini, and colombian bassist santiago botero (‘tatune08′ recorded in amsterdam 2008, toured in nl, be, ger, fr)
- jazzwerkstatt wien os composers (austria, 2008).
- duo and quartet with tim campanella and raphael reiter (nice jazz festival 2008 – 2009). zz, semi improvised duo with lithuanian trumpet player dominykas vysniauskas.
- oldschool jazzband secret swing society
- trio music with jasper stadhouders and björk níelsdottír.
as well as composing, improvising and recording solo works.
he’s also been involved in many improvisation acts mainly in the netherlands, with : jasper stadhouders, dominykas vysniauskas, onno govaert, gerri jaegger, han bennink, mark alban lotz, meinrad kneer, raoul van der weide, peter huber, luca marini, noe escola, grímur helgason, yedo gibson, john dikeman, oguz buyukberber, daniel riegler, jason alder…
he’s been performing in different contexts in germany, belgium, the netherlands, spain, italy, england, france, austria, martinique and has been heard on radio france, radio 6 (nl), tsf jazz, radio nacional de colombia.
he also teaches in different places in france and the netherlands.