alessandro tomassetti studied percussion at “a. casella” academy of music in l’aquila with a.striano. he followed courses with g. burton and the new yorker group “bang on a can” laboratories.
as soloist he composed some renowned musical ensembles and performed at:
- the munich biennial (ger)
- italy on stage festival (usa & canada)
- xxi festival international cervantino (mex)
- festival manca-nice (fra)
- aterforum festival di ferrara
- festival europa ’96, musica e scienza (rome)
- biennale di venezia fest.
- ravenna festival
- corpi del suono fest.
- orkestra 2000 fest(port)
- schauspielhaus theatre (wien)
- ars elektronica fest. di linz
as soloist he took part in world premieres for the composers g.battistelli, s.bussotti, c.crivelli, l.bianchini in prestigious sites as:
- queen elizabeth hall (london)
- teatro del maggio fiorentino (firenze)
- gasteig (munich)
- hall teatro circulo (b. aires)
- auditorium società aquilana dei concerti
- guggenheim museum (new york)
he participated in cemat’s (sonora news) and crm’s international activities by performing (acoustic and electronic) contemporary music concerts in spain, germany, italy , greece, estonia.
he cooperated with the cologne’s modern dance group of “vera sander artconnect” on the occasion of “corpi risonanti- tanzkonzert” and in ’96 he founded the quadrivium-percussion research group.
he actively cooperates with the “tetraktis” percussion group and he took part in international multimedia projects (with the artists j. kounellis, m. pistoletto, b. bassiri) with the officina musicale ensemble (dir. orazio tuccella).
he recorded with dissonanzen ensemble (dir. c. lugo) for the new york mode records the works dedicate to g. petrassi, l. dalla piccola, h.w. henze.
in the jazz music context he collaborated with : l. bacalov, a. currain, b. tommaso, r. ciammarughi, m. negri, m. nunzi, f. marras, s. sabatini, g. maurino, d. boato.
for many years he worked as instrumentalist in symphonic orchestra’s (rai/tv orch. in rome, accademia di s.cecilia orch, teatro dell’opera of rome, umbra sinfonica orch). with the “città aperta” orchestra, he recorded many movie soundtracks written by composers (c. crivelli, f. piersanti).
for many years now he collaborates as teacher to international campus organized from o.g.a.. he’s actually a percussion teacher at the “a. casella” music academy of l’aquila.